Whether you aspire to a career in the high-pressure world of journalism, want to create films or need the skills to develop, design or operate the latest broadcasting technology systems, the International Year Zero (IYZ): Media is the perfect start.
Media covers a huge range of subjects, from the highly practical to the theoretical. The IYZ gives you an excellent grounding in all aspects of Media and Communications study before you continue at DMU’s Leicester Media School, one of the UK’s leading centres for the creative industries.
You’ll build your own digital portfolio working on industry-standard equipment at DMU and gain a solid understanding of how the technology underpinning media production and broadcast works.
As well as the technical knowledge you will develop transferable skills such as project management, team working and problem solving. You can further develop your media experience by joining DMU’s award-winning student media team, DEMON Media which is open to all students.
- Create a digital portfolio to showcase your own work and ideas
- Learn on industry-standard equipment
- Develop new skills such as basic computing, animation and photography
To join this course you will need to have successfully completed high school or equivalent and meet the English language requirements. We offer Pre-sessional English which is a 6 or 12-week extension course for those who may not yet meet the required English language standards for direct entry to our pathways.
- Direct Entry – IELTS 5.5 (with no skill below 5.5)
- Pre-sessional English 6-weeks – IELTS 5.0 (with no skill below 4.5)
- Pre-sessional English 12-weeks – IELTS 4.5 (with no skill below 4.0)