Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the questions we regularly receive from our international students, along with our answers. If you still have any questions please feel free to contact us.


Our colleges accept a variety of English language qualifications, including IELTS, Duolingo, and others. Please visit the pathway college for details. Or you can always contact our team.

Contact the Admissions team

To be accepted onto a degree pathway course with us, you must meet our standard requirements. Our online entry requirements tool can help you find the minimum academic entry requirements for our pathway programmes.

Visit the Entry Requirements tool now

If you don’t meet the entry requirements you may be able to join one of our online pre-sessional courses.

We offer courses that last 6, 12 or 16 weeks, depending on the level you need for university admission.

Our team can guide you through this process, contact us now.

Contact our team

If you are planning to study in the UK, you may need to apply for a Student Route visa. Your visa application will ask for your English language test scores. Some of our centres offer integrated CAS so providing you meet the requirements through ELLT or any other test that isn’t a SELT you can study with us. SELT is only required for courses below degree level on a stand-alone level 3 CAS.

For more information contact our team

For a course in the UK please use our UK Admissions Form and for a course in the USA please use our USA Admissions Form.

We process applications as quickly as possible but an offer may take up to 4 weeks during peak periods. Some decisions can take longer depending on the course and point of application.

To complete your online application, you will need the following:

  • A copy of a valid passport
  • A copy of your original qualification certificate and transcripts – certified translation (if possible)
  • Any current & previous UK visas, CAS and copies of exit stamp. Please also include a copy of any previous visa refusal letters – if previously studied in the UK
  • A valid copy of IELTS or Pearson PTE if the score is at 5.5 or above – only IELTS taken at UKVI approved centres can be used if the score is below 5.5 in any component

You can still apply even if you haven’t yet received your final transcript or your Certificate of English proficiency. You will receive a conditional offer which will state what qualifications and grades you will need to achieve in order to meet our entry requirements. Our team will contact you during this process.

One of our dedicated team of Student Advisors will support you through the application process and update you on every stage.

You must hold a valid UK visa that entitles you to study before you can start your course with one of our partner universities. Use your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) or Acceptance Letter to apply for a visa with your local British Embassy. Please visit the UK Government website for more information.

Our team can support you through this process; please reach out.

Contact our team

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number or CAS is a unique identification number issued to the university by the UKVI. This number confirms that the university has been given permission to ‘sponsor’ your Tier 4 application. Your Tier 4 visa will only be valid for study at the University Partner that has issued the CAS and you will receive the CAS number by email.

Please note that a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number can only be provided once the following conditions have been met:

  1. You have received an unconditional offer from the University in writing.
  2. You have paid a 50% deposit towards your fees.
  3. You have provided copies of all documents that you need to submit with your student visa application (such as qualifications and proof of finances).

You can secure your offer by making a payment as detailed in the ‘How do I Pay’ section. This will ensure that a place will still be available for you, and we are able to issue you with a CAS in order for you to make your visa application.

You can easily pay your tuition and fees online via Flywire, our preferred payment partner.  Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world.  Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.

A link to make your payment will be available on your offer letter.

For your CAS to be released, you may need to attend a pre cas interview carried out by Oxford International Education Group. If a credibility interview is required, it will be mentioned in your CAS Shield portal, which can be activated once you pay your deposit, or you receive your unconditional offer letter.

If you have already attended your pre cas interview and have been successful, then your agent will be able to request for your CAS. Credibility Interviews are valid for 6 months, however if you decide to apply for another OIEG centre then you may be required to take the interview again.

Our refund policy can be found here. All Refunds will be processed within 21 calendar days of receiving the completed Refund Request Form and relevant supporting documentation. For a copy of the refund request form please email

Finance will only refund the account that the original funds came in from, and the same country of origin. In case of original account being closed, then the payee and country of origin must be the same.

To speed up the refund process students are required to provide evidence of the original payment made to OIEG along with their refund request form and visa refusal form/other relevant documentation.


Our partner universities offer a range of accommodation options both on and off campus. Once you have accepted your offer of study the Admissions team at the University will guide you through this process.

Yes, you can live off-campus in private accommodation, but we advise students to live within 15-minute travel time to ensure you can attend class.

If you are coming to the UK with your partner or family, please get in touch with your college so that they can help you find suitable accommodation.

Preparing for life abroad

As a full time student, you will need your own laptop. You can bring one with you, or we can give you advice on where to buy one.

When packing to move to your new country as an International student, think about what you most need or want to have with you.

The UK weather can be very temperamental, so make sure you research and pack suitable clothing.

It might also be a good idea to check the UK government’s customs information. Meat and dairy products, for example, cannot be brought outside of the EU.

Depending on your subject, your course will include a mixture of lectures, workshops and tutorials. You also have coursework assignments which may include essays, independent research, group projects and presentations.

You will be responsible for managing your own workload to meet coursework deadlines. Plan your reading, research, and drawing conclusions from your findings. If you’ve never studied in the UK before, you may find this challenging at first, but with our friendly student support team you will adjust to academic culture.

UKCISA’s website includes a useful guide to study skills for success. The British Council’s free online Prepare for Success tool is a great way to explore in more depth what you can expect when you live and study in the UK.

Life in the UK

If you want to open a bank account, you will need the following:

  • Bank Reference Letter from the College/University
  • You Identification (ID or Passport)
  • Accommodation Agreement

You can find further information on the UKCISA website.

We recommend that you bring some cash or a pre-paid travel card (around £300) with you, to make sure you can meet your expenses until your bank account becomes active. Please do not travel with large amounts of cash.

You’ll need to register with a doctor (GP) in your first week of moving to the UK. There will be further advice and guidance regarding this on your induction day. It is free to register with a medical practice and GP appointments are free; however, some NHS services are not free such as prescriptions or appointments with a dentist or optician.

For non-EU citizens, you will be asked to register with the police. This will be stated on your Home Office decision letter or your visa vignette. You will have to register with the police within seven days of your arrival to the UK and pay a registration fee of £34. Please remember the following documents:

  • Original Passport
  • Biometric Residence Permit (BRP Card)
  • Accommodation Confirmation
  • Enrolment Letter

It is vital that you have sufficient funding in place before starting your course of study, and this will need to cover your tuition fees, accommodation, books, stationery, food and of course social costs.

The below table is the required funds for your visa application. When applying for your visa, you will need to have evidence of sufficient funding to cover any remaining tuition fees, as stated on your CAS, and living costs. Your required living costs will be the monthly amount stated below for each month of your course, unless your course exceeds 9 months in duration, in which case you will need to demonstrate 9 months of living costs.


Non-London Centres London Centres
From 1 December 2020 onwards £1,023 a month for a maximum of 9 months (£9,207) £1,334 a month for 9 months (£12,006)


Our London Centres are:

  • Oxford International Pathway Centre – London
  • University of Greenwich International College

Our Non-London Centres are:

  • Oxford International Pathway Centre – Oxford
  • De Montfort University International College
  • University of Bradford International College
  • Bangor University International College
  • International College Dundee

Life in the USA

To receive a student visa for the U.S. – known as an I-20 – you must schedule an interview at your nearest U.S. embassy. Be sure to check the instructions for your country. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website recommends students contact the US Embassy or Consulate in their country 90 days in advance of their arrival in the USA. Please consider this when applying.

Our team can support you throughout the process by explaining what information you may need to submit.

USA Visa Applications


To find out the latest domestic restrictions and guidance in England please visit

For daily updates on UK Covid-19 statistics, please visit here.

Oxford International Education Group is acting on advice from sources including the FCO, WHO, NHS and Public Health England.

We have taken proactive steps to contact our students and staff to ensure that everyone has access to the latest advice. This includes conducting surveys on staff attitudes to working from home and returning to work and ensuring there is a focus on staff mental health and wellbeing.

Our risk assessment details the steps we are taking to manage the risks posed by Covid-19. These include enhancing our cleaning provision, ensuring social distancing in classes and offices and introducing a rota system for those staff that need to enter the workplace..

We will promote working from home where possible and work to ensure this is done as effectively and as mindfully as possible. Click here for our Covid-19 Policy.

For the latest UK government guidance on travel to England from another country during Covid-19 please click here.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Please feel free to reach out to our team.

You have been chosen

to provide your feedback.