Students will learn how to design and develop all types of software to make computers do new things or manage tasks more efficiently.Apply Now
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing: Human-Computer Interaction
This could include applications for mobile devices, developing websites, or programming software. This degree teaches you how to use technology to find solutions. Some examples of student projects include:
– databases to analyse care providers
– educational games for young people
– Verification tools to help interpret attacks on cyber security
Students will gain an understanding of the theoretical and scientific components of computing. This includes:
– Algorithms for data processing and analysis
– The fundamental theory of information and computation
– Software engineering principles and practices
– Interactive entertainment and video games programming
this course contains less computer programming. In the first year, students will study a combination of Level 1 and 2 modules. The following two years are the same as Level 3 and 4 of Applied Computing.
Ranked in The Guardian's Top 20 UK Universities in 2021, the University of Dundee prides itself on three things: Impactful research, an excellent student experience and a community campus in the city.
Situated beside the majestic River Tay, Dundee is Scotland’s sunniest city. It also has the highest student ratios per head of population anywhere in the UK so there is an exciting and diverse range of nightlife, leisure activities and culture.